Nebraska Ataxia provides financial assistance for items and services that may not be covered by health insurance, such as mobility aids, physical and mental therapies, and ADA-related home modifications. Our programs and partnerships focus on improving the quality of life for ataxians in our service area of Nebraska and Iowa.
Each applicant must be an individual diagnosed with ataxia as verified by a health care provider. The recipient must reside in our service area and the grant request must align with one of the four Nebraska Ataxia programs:
- ADA modifications
- Ataxia-related travel
- Submit grant application. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- In addition to the information in the grant application, we request that the applicant either mail or email the following information:a. short essay from the applicant explaining their condition and why the grant is being requested
b. letter of diagnosis (if diagnosed by a physician)
c. letter of referral from a medical professional (physical therapist, physician, nurse, etc)
d. statement of approval or denial of any other financial services requests
e. recommendation or prescription from medical professional (physical therapist, physician, nurse, etc)
f. statement showing monthly income (W-2, SSI Year End Statement, SSDI Year End Statement, Tax Return)
g. statement showing monthly expenses (rent, mortgage, utilities, loans, etc)
- Please be sure to hide/redact any sensitive information such as social security numbers, bank account numbers, routing numbers, etc. Nebraska Ataxia is not responsible for loss or leaking of any sensitive information that is not hidden/redacted.
- Additional information may be requested.
Submit your application in one of three ways:
- Apply online.
- Email your application and any documentation with the subject Grant Application Submission to: email@example.com
- Mail it to Nebraska Ataxia, PO Box 24214, Omaha, NE 68124-0214.